Monday, January 5, 2009

Sociology: Real Life vs. Character Progression

I noticed a strong link between your WOW character style and your real life personality.

GOALS:
Wow: I have a random no motive leveling pattern each of my toons leveled in random spurts
whenever i'd get motivated. On on cassion I do get motivated to level like when I found out that the Armani Warbear mounts would be taken out of game on the expac .. so what did I do? I got my butt to 70 in record time and paid 23k gold to the server's top raiding guild to get my mount on the very last day. Priest alt same thing I was running into a RL hard deadline of stuff that was going to eat up my wow time so i'm gonna get to 80 in 2 months on 1-2 toons probably.

RL: I dont have a set goal but new ideas each time so I quit and try my new ideas and repeat. My work habits involves procrastinating until it gets to a critical point then I cram and speed through it.

GOLD & MONEY

Wow - I rarely farm but rather work the AH when I'm short gold otherwise its scan AH whenever I make enough to have my epic training and supply friends/family thier epic mounts as well. Otherwise I'm thrifty you dont see me buying blues and stuff to gear up and i'll even skip the enchants unless it's a leve 80 epic

RL -same thing I work hard, save money and have never been completely broke. Again I rarely do shopping and its usually for necessities and some small luxury items .. like alienware computer so i can wow no i mean work better.

PROGRESSION:
Wow - I have a few alts though there's no question which toon is my main as I dont have a lot of high level alts but a bunch of low level ones and across 3 servers. I dont care that much and have no specific direction I just level my 3 mains across 3 servers because I enjoy about 10 people's company and i enjoy the socializing part than actually leveling so its better if i'm grouped with thier alt and they drag me along while talking :) See? i'm lazy

RL - I've gone through some 5 major changes as a student, 10 companies and 3-5 career changes all at a fairly young age sure it screams job hopper and undecisive, impulsive as I wouldn't hesitate to quit a job and start school if that's what I believed but at the same time I make mistakes in not preparing for the transition.

LOYALTY
Wow - I have been lucky that I found a very good guild so I've been with them since 2005 and when they rerolled I kept a toon in their new guild and slowly leveled it after not leveling it for 6 months.

RL - friends and family yes work no. I owe no company anything and would switch places if there was more monies, benefits etc. Othewise I try to keep in contact as my friends list is very short and those that make the cut are rare.

No comments: