Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wow Wake up call?

WOW : its been losing its pull for awhile now. It takes alot of effort to level and most of the time I dont really want to log on. I think wow's reached a cap for me a while back in the BWL days after raiding up all those epics it burnt me out. I later on got this temporary job that had me working 70-95 hours a week for 8 months straight so that was me being forced to go coldturkey on wow and raiding because after working 12-16 hours a day you're basically a zombie that only cares about food, water, bathroom, sleep and trust me you'd even turn down a hot guy or gal because you're that tired. Then afterwards I just didnt' have the desire to raid anymore or deal with guild drama on who gets drafted or guild invited so I now log on as a super casual who instances exactly once a week and levels an alt in between. So I have alot more time than I did before which I try to put to good use I now read alotmore than I use to, Blog, draw, explorer new career options and think. I could be working out some but lazy so will do that tomorowo.

Also on wakeup calls .. either you take action and wake yourself up or let it happen on its own either way it will happen if you're an addict and using wow to avoid RL issues. If you run out of monies well internet cuts off, food runs out so no more wow otherwise try to fix RL while using limited WOW as a support system.

Think about it would you rather be a thirty something or godforbid 45ish, singled or divorced, bumming it out in your parents basement/garage because its the one room they can't rent out to subsidize your ass and you dont have a job because your too busy wowing? You skip showers, eat junk, dress shabbily and now antisocial as you no longer know how to communicate with RL poeple anymore. At some point you will wake up and look around and see that all your friends have good jobs, families, and you compare it with your self and see that you have nothing but a few characters with epics. (purple colored pixels). You may not be able to handle that kind of self realization and you either look for something stronger to numb the pain or wake up and get your act to gether and do something with yourself.

Is WOW evil then? nope not by a long shot there are things that are worst than wow but at the same time wow isn't exactly something you want to be addicted to. The important thing is to see that you have a problem and then figure out how to fix it then take action. 5 letters (who, what, when, where, why, how)

No comments: