Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New Guild Application

Updated Jan 2, 2009: My druid got accepted into the guild.
--------------------------------------------

So .. for the first time I am seeing the guild application from the other side as an applicant. I already know of this guild from friends who are in this guild and I see them raiding it up in various instances. While I am no longer a raider I'd still like join this raiding guild as a nonraider rank because it makes me happier to think that I too am in the same family as my friends rather than just in my friends list. Also raiders are better players overall than nonraiders and if you've pugged enough groups you'll notice the difference. My goal in this guild would be to play casually and join in the ocassional heroics or random raid spot in thier farm raids vs. having to pug from scratch. It takes alot of time and many wipes for me to build my list of good players so joining a guild is a shortcut.

Its very rare for nonraiders to be invited to a raiding guild because what you want to do is completely different from what they do. Ordinarily I would advise against such a mismatch of game play. However I am a former raider who went casual so I can still enjoy the ocassional raid and have top notch skills to go along with it.

I'm a lone wolf type player of sorts where I do not depend on a guild to run my instances of finish my group quests so this sort of arrangement suits me just fine. For the most part I will be doing my own thing and on ocassion participate with a farm raid or instance with friends. Player quality in a raid guild is higher so this saves me from the pug who doesn't know that his chain lighting is what's breaking my sheeps or that raid leader who didn't know Gruul was a 25 man starts whopping and hollering that this Gruul raid is a go because he just got the 10th person.

Overall since my alliance guild rerolled I've logged in an kept in contact with my friends though I didnot join thier guilds because there just wasn't any reason to as I was leveling hordeside. I am lucky that my friends are raiders and officers so my chances of getting in is much higher. Still it's good to put in an application and take thier app seriously. I could get rejected but still it gives the impression that I am not special and am applying just like they are.

I spent the most time on question #5 Are you a hardcore raider? Why do you want to join us? What did you do on wow last week & what did you you accomplish. Why should we NOT invite you. What would you do if you saw a lost child? Describe the sky?

Answer: you see all those questions are asking one thing are you a raider, do you have the commitment to be a raider and what do you do to prepare for it.

I understood the question and answered it with something that reassured them that I have strong player skills however do not have the time/interest to raid and that I only want to be in the guild with my friends. The unspoken part was, "I wanna join so I can tag along with your heriocs and farm raids" This is be rare as I really don't care to raid that much

No comments: