Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How to get Groups: LFG or LFM?

Here's my secret to getting groups going in under 10 mins. I happen to be very good at putting groups together and getting runs going and have a very high sucess rate in my groups. Perhaps its a mix of player style, personal view of if you want it then you must do it yourself.

At level 34 that I was complimented by a group member that I'm a raider priest. This was before I had even heard of raiding and raiders. But what stood out was that I organized groups fast, my groups were always balanced in that I had a strong tank, good healer, and 3 mixed dps and at one point I insisted on bringing 1 class that was able to CC (crowd control). Of course it helped that I was a healer and did it well.

Personally I find it hard to believe that people can spend hours in LFG and not get anything when all it takes is a 10 min whisper to everyone in the /who class level location : /who paladin 80 dalaran of the thousands of people on you mean to tell me you can't get 4 other people who are geared for that instance? lazyiness i say.

Group make up:
Tanks - specced, geared and of level if not higher.
Healer - specced, geared, maybe 1-2 levels lower
DPS - mix it up as each class offers its own skills and you wont be wasting gear or having too much competition. nothing like seeing 4 druids in a group when you're wanting a piece of leather.

1.) join the LFG channel see who else is wanting to do your instance
2.) armory them to see what gear they are at .. instances run smoother with geared people than not.
3.) whisper only the geared and of level people in LFG before you issue an invite. Be polite say something like. Hi can I interest you in a tanking spot in heroic TOC or Hi would you be interested in TOC?
4.) use /who list to find more people: /who class level location Ex: /who paladin 80 dalaran
5.) armoy these people and only whisper people who are geared, specced and of level
6.) wait for answers

7.) when lazy type LFM instance name in LFG channel and sometimes as bad as it is trade chat.


POST GROUP

What these sets of rules do is that you are screening out the noobs, immature types, rude and otherwise people who will make your runs miserable. How people behave to an unsolicited whisper will tell you alot about them and if you'd like to spend the next .45 mins in the same instance with them. Also as a rule politeness always helps your cause. I've had people who normally would not consider running with pugs agree to come tank stuff for me because it was the most polite request they've received in a long time.

No comments: