Thursday, September 11, 2008

Duel Boxing & Casual players!

So i've decided to become a casual player .. by cutting down the total hours of play time per week. What this means is that I need to be efficient in my play time and get as much leveling in as possible vs. losing time farming or chatting. Solution: duel boxing! http://www.dual-boxing.com

These days as I make sure to log out at an inn that's in my quest zone and do a shattrath hearth only when i need to move between continents vs. boating. Farming is a time sink so what i do is log in my 2 boxing twins at the same time and plow through my quests based on what it is and location so if i can't find the quest spot because of it's geography think barrens great lift area I will skip the zone and move on the next zone because spending 30 mins to look for something then guess maybe you need to double back or figure how how to get to the top part is a waste of my time.

So if it's a kill quest or red i'll tackle those first. one of the benefits of duel boxing is that I can easily clear the red quests because I have synchronized dps due to me linking the spells by cast time, spell damage type. While both toons are clothies that means niether of us can tank but with focused dps even higher level red mobs go down very fast. The alt is always dpsing the same target the main is due to the /assist macro and life tap is both an auto follow command, asks for a renew and also turns the alt in the right direction for dpsing mode so it's facing the mob.

Mods: I use hotkeynet its a 2 boxing software that passes commands from the active wow window to the second wow window int he background so when i press button 5 both toons are pressing #.

Anyways with synced dps every spell is a double cast so as long as I can get 1 cast off you're actually getting hit with double the damage, twice the dots, debuffs, and fears. ZOMg i just try this out in pvp! Anyways sadly it's on a pve server so leveling it's just mobs and me vs. real people. for kill quests I let my pet find mobs to kill and leave it on agressive I just follow the pet and dps whatever it's targeting.

This 2 boxing can be interesting but as soon as people realize that the priest is an alt on auto follow it's probably fairly easy to quickly disable the priest as I am a soso pvper to start so add in the alt i can't switch fast enough.


My spell set up is: VW tank or if easy mobs Succubus dps.

MAIN: Warlock ALT: Shadow Priest
#1 life tap /tar main /fol main /cast renew
#2 shadow bolt (2.5 sec) mindblast (1.5 sec)
#3 corruption (1.5 sec) mindflay (channeled)
#4 curse of agony (instant) shadow word pain (instant)
#5 immolate (2 sec ) vampiric embrace(instant) or smite (1.5 sec)
#6 searing pain (1.5 sec) smite (1.5 sec)
~ (orders alt to cast a fast heal on me) for emergencies

S. Priest (alt)
#1 /tar main /fol main /cast renew
#2 /tar main /cast flash heal
#3 mind flay
#4 shadow word pain
#5 mind blast
#6 smite
#7 holy fire

No comments: