Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Achievements for Any and Everything!

Whats up with these achievements? WOW added in yet another time sink for people who eat up their content in the first months and to keep the more casual hooked. It's positive reinforcement you do something that took up 1 hour of your time grinding or what not to get a piece of fruit so bliz goes /cheer /congratz annouces it for the world to see. You see they're providing you with an virtual audience and motivator. People like being complimented thats just human natures So I estimated the Blizzard added in 93,900 separate achievements for WOLK wowhead had 939 pages. Surely this will keep people busy until the next expac. More questing more grinding ..more WOW

meh i'm going for the white drake and pet on one toon and it's me druid but very casually. I don't care to spend so much time doing something just because its an "achievement" what next time I get praised for sucessfully logging on or just the mere fact that I made it sucessfully from my bed to desk?

9000 different achievement rewards
http://www.wowhead.com/?achievements#0+1+2

Anyways that doesn't mean that I'm going to skip it all provided that there is a reward then I will do it. lol I want a white drake mount.

No comments: