Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Addons & Mods?

Today I'm going to talk about mods and wow. I'm a mod minimalist because less mods = less breakage come hotfix and patch time. There are 3 types of mod users: Anti modder (zero used), Minimalist, Medium, and Heavy. I personally know of 1 player who uses over 120 different mods and another that uses zero.

I'm going to list em alphabetically and raid mods are absolutely required if you want to raid at all. I keep these mods updated as while I dont raid I like to be prepared so on the off chance I am in the mood and there's a raid slot it's not like what? eh? mod where what how or worst oh mod's acting up brb in 20mins.

Where to get these? http://wow.curse.com is it safe? yes but still have your anti virus ready.. this site's been a staple of wow users since like forever.

Raid Mods:
Omen Threat Meter - your threat vs. raid
Deadly Boss Mods - raid boss annoucements
Group Calendar - schedule stuff with your guild
Ventrilo - aka vent your voice speak system that is like a conference call so you know what's going on in raid.

Personal Mods:
Auctioneer - shopping hello! yes profit and lost etc need.
Carbonite - quest mod that marks on map, tracks your gankers
CTmail - bulk mail opener
FuBar-UI mini bar on top showing stuff like gold for all toons, profit, durability, loc
Gatherer - tracks all your gathered nodes and marks it on your map (herbing/mining)
Hotkeynet - passes commands from wow window 1 to wow window 2, no alt tabbing. for duelboxing use. You need to get use to the super fast "blink" that's the computer alt tabbing for you.
Map Coords - shows X,Y coordinates on your map so you can use thottbot for help
Outfitter - 1 button gear switch for pvp, raid, healing etc
Proximo - targetable list of your arena opponents name, class and level
WIM - wow's own aim like chat window and spam blocker
Quest Annoucer - annouces to party your quest status and when you've completed a quest

Okies that's the list of my mods: 15 mods but I only use 7-8 of them. if need be I can work with just 1 mod: map coords lol that one sadly is required as I dont have a good sense of direction so need it to find my quest spots.

No comments: